The garden is looking colourful at this time of the year, so take a bag and collect some fallen petals and flowers to make into a beautiful photo frame.
What you’ll need
- Collecting bag
- Petals, flowers and leaves from the garden
- Heavy books
- A4 sheet of paper
- Thick card
- Pencil and ruler
- Paint and brushes
- PVA glue
How to make it
- Take a bag and collect petals, flowers and leaves that have fallen to the ground in your garden. It’s best to do this on a dry day. Remember to check with a grown up first, and wash your hands when you have finished.
- Open out some sheets of newspaper and, on one side, spread the petals and leaves out so that they’re not touching each other. Close the other side of paper over the top and place it somewhere flat with some heavy books on top.
- After one week, check the petals and see if they are flat and ready to use.
- Take the A4 sheet of paper and draw round the shape on to the thick card. On the thick card, using a ruler, draw a line measuring in 4cm from the edge all the way round.
- Ask a grown up to help cut along the line to cut the middle section out.
- Paint the frame section to make it look colourful and leave to dry.
- Arrange the petals and leaves on the frame and stick down with glue.
- Now you just need a lovely photograph or drawing to put in your frame. You can use an A4 piece of paper or card to make a back for the frame.
Originally published by rhs.org.uk
how’s it growing?
We want to know how your green-fingered exploits go – upload your photos and videos on social using #GrowWithJohn