Whether you need help applying for financial support or just somewhere to take a break for a few hours, help is on hand at the Carer Support Centre: the drop-in centre run by the Carers Information Service in partnership with Croydon Council.
Visit the website
Carers Information Service
Informing carers in Croydon
The Carers Information Service provides information, advice and support to unpaid carers in Croydon looking after someone who needs their help due to illness, disability or old age. We run the Carers Support Centre in George Street, the one stop shop for carers in Croydon. The Carers Information Service is part of John Whitgift Foundation and receives funding from Croydon Council.
Carers Support Centre
One stop shop for carers in Croydon
The Carers Support Centre is a one-stop shop for carers in Croydon. Home to a number of carer support organisations, carers are welcome to drop in to our friendly centre in central Croydon Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm for information, advice and support.
Run by the Carers Information Service, the Carers Support Centre opened its doors in 2013 as a partnership between John Whitgift Foundation and Croydon Council. Thanks to the generous support and funding of these organisations, the Carers Support Centre now receives over 25,000 enquiries from carers and professionals each year.
How we support carers in Croydon
- Drop-in information, advice and support from an advice worker at the Carers Support Centre (Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm).
- Information and advice via email or over the phone.
- Carer’s Assessments for carers of an adult resident in Croydon (on behalf of Croydon Council).
- Drop-in Carers Café open on weekday mornings, 10.30am-12.30pm. Carers can pop in for a free hot drink, with access to books, games, Wi-Fi and a laptop. You are welcome to bring the person you care for with you.
- Useful publications for carers and professionals who support them, including the factsheet series How To… A Guide for Carers in Croydon, bringing together everything you need to know as a carer in Croydon.
- Quarterly newsletter and regular e-bulletin with the latest carer news and events.
- Regular specialist advice surgeries on benefits, debt, employment and mental health.
- Health and wellbeing events to help you look after yourself, including massage, singing and dance.
- Free workshops to support you in your caring role.
- Free Carers Support Centre membership, with access to local discounts.
- Emergency carer cards and template emergency plans for greater peace of mind.
- Special events for carers, including Carers Week and Carers Rights Day.
- Radar keys for disabled toilet access on sale for £3 at the Carers Support Centre.